A US public company established in 1929, American States Water Company works along with its subsidiaries in providing contracted, electric and water services in the USA. Its subsidiaries include the American States Utility Services, Inc. and Golden State Water Company. It is responsible for the production, purchase and allotment of water throughout 75 communities situated in 10 counties of Southern, Coastal and Northern California. It also provides electric services to the Big Bear area located in California with around 23, 250 customers through Bear Valley Electric Services. The Company provides wastewater and water services as well as the operation, renewal, replacement and maintenance of the wastewater and water systems at different military installations located across the country through American States Utility Services Inc., the Company’s subsidiary responsible for providing contracted services. Its headquarters is located in San Dimas, CA.
American States Water Bill Pay Options
Methods of Payment – Along with its mission of exceeding the expectations of its customers, the Company provides different methods of payment for its customer’s convenience. The different payment methods the Company provides for its customers include payment by check, online at aswater.com/BillPay, Auto Payment or EFT (Electronic Fund Transfer), by phone, and in person.
- By Check – If you prefer paying your bill by check, all you have to do is send your check through mail. Mail it to this address: PO BOX 9016, San Dimas, CA 91773-9016.
- Online – American States Water customers can pay more conveniently with the use of their computer online. So that they can pay online they must enroll in Checkfree Online.
If the customers have already signed up for Checkfree Online, they can no longer enroll in EFT. For more information the customers can call 1-800-564-9184 or visit: aswater.com.
- Auto Payment or EFT (Electronic Fund Transfer) – The customers are required to complete an “Auto Payment application” so that they can use the Auto Payment or EFT service. However, those customers who have signed up for Auto Payment or EFT cannot enroll in Checkfree Online.
- Phone – American States Water customers can also pay more conveniently by phone. The customers can make their payments by using the “Western Union® SpeedPay® service. The customers can call 1-866-508-9314 when they make their payments. Payments can be made with the use of electronic check, ATM or debit card having the star logo, and a credit card. The Company only accepts Discover, American Express, MasterCard and Visa credit cards. A $2 service is charged for this service.
- In Person – The customers can make their payments with the use of the “Quick Collect® service at all Western Union® locations in the USA. Cash payments are acceptable at any Safeway, Ralphs, Vons, US Bank or Kmart outlets. There is a service fee of $1 for this type of transaction.
- The Company – The customers can also make their payments in person at the Company’s local office located near them. They can either pay by money order, check or in cash. They can also place their payments in the local office’s drop box after office hours.